Thursday, April 26, 2012

Goat Cheese Stuffed Figs with Honey


Last post I introduced the New Food Challenge #6: Figs. So here is the first thing I tried with them. Super super simple and easy. Except it didn't turn out....perfect. The figs weren't ripe enough, I cut them too far down so they starred out, and I think I over cooked them because they were a bit mushy....*sigh* 

But like I mentioned last post, these babies are not uber cheap, therefore I wasn't about to throw them out and start over. I was gunna eat them anyways. And guess what? I liked them. A lot. I thought it tasted delicious. So I am going to write about it and correct the mistakes. Because in my opinion... this will impress the PANTS off of anyone you serve this too! SO THERE.



Goat Cheese Stuffed Figs with Honey
Time: 15 mins.            CPS: $2.25 (3 figs)                   L of D: Undergraduate

- 3 Figs
- 3 Tsp of Goat Cheese
- 1 Tsp of Honey
- Pinch of Thyme - fresh recommended - mainly because I used dried thyme and it was..so-so
- Pepper

Make two slits in each fig, NOT all the way down to the bottom. Spoon goat cheese in the middle. Sprinkle thyme over each.

Place in oven at 350 degrees for about 10 mins. Drizzle honey all over and add a pinch of pepper.



2 comments:

  1. This looks soooo easy yet super delicious. I love goat cheese!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...