Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Beet, Avocado, Goat Cheese and Arugula Salad


It's April. Which is the end of the semester. Which means papers, assignments and final exams. Which means a lot of late nights and even more coffee.

Since it is just the beginning, I am trying to make sure I start the month off right by actually eating some veggies. Not sure how long it will last... but hey... at least I am trying right?

Well I am mac and cheese yesterday. But no one has to know about that really.


So this salad is hearty and refreshing at the same time. Add chicken for some protein. Also I have made this with raspberry vinegarette and it was equally as delicious.

Beet, Avocado, Goat Cheese and Arugula Salad
Time: 5 mins + beet cooking time    CPS: $1.95             L of D: Undergraduate

  • 1 Large Beet (or pickled beets)
  • 1/2 Avocado
  • Handful of Arugula
  • 2 Tbsp of crumbled Goat Cheese
  • Juice from half a small Lemon
  • 1 Tsp of Olive Oil
  • Salt n Peppa
Boil, roast, bbq or microwave your beet. Any way you like it. I say microwave if you are in a hurry (5 mins on high - check it - time depends on size).

Slice avocado ... in slices.

On a plate, place your washed arugula, avocado, sliced beets. Pour lemon and drizzle olive oil on top. Add a wee bit of salt and pepper. Sprinkle on goat cheese and serve.


Tip: Slice the avocado before you scoop it out of the shell.
It is easier and cleaner.... in my opinion! 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had a beet since I was 6 or 7 and don't remember liking it very much haha...your salad here makes me think that maybe I should give them a second chance!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...