Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Turkey, Brie, Apple and Honey Mustard Sandwich

This is a quick sandwich I like to make when I want to spice up my everyday turkey sandwich. And of course when I have leftover Brie Cheese - because I never buy brie just to stock my fridge, I had this leftover from a gathering I had the night before. I am actually surprised it lasted through the night.

I am a cheese thief.


Anyhoo...I know I made this "panini style" but it is not necessary, it is just as yummy on cold bread as it is toasted bread!

Turkey, Brie, Apple and Honey Mustard Sandwich
Time: 5 min                CPS: $1.17                     L of D: Undergraduate

- 2-3 slices of Roasted Turkey
- 1/2 Apple (I used granny smith)
- 2 slices of Brie Cheese
- 1 tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp of Honey
- Bun/Bread of your choice

Mix mustard and honey together to make - honey mustard dressing.. genius I know. Spread on both sides of bread.

Thinly slice the apple. Layer in cheese, turkey and apple into the sandwich. (I always find it funny to describe how to put together a sandwich... I would HOPE it is pretty straight forward :P )

Toast like a grilled cheese sandwich in a frying pan. If you desire so.

Variation: I have also before tossed the turkey in a frying pan to get it warm to melt the cheese inside. Or just melt the cheese a bit in the microwave first as well. Whatever works for you!

1 comment:

  1. Brie is pricey...so it's totally ok to be a cheese thief. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...