Saturday, May 28, 2011

Basil Thai Eggplant



A few days ago I introduced a new food: Thai Eggplant. Now I get to tell you what the heck I did with them! Like I mentioned before, the most common recipe that I found was Basil Thai Eggplant. So I decided to give it a whirl and make my own little version.

I thought it would be simple and quick and still allow me to taste the pure flavour of the eggplant. And it was just as I suspected... it tasted like eggplant... with some basil.




Basil Thai Eggplant
Time: 15 mins               CPS: $0.50            L of D: Undergraduate

- 5 Thai Eggplants (quartered)
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1 Tbsp of dried Basil (fresh would be better - but I was fresh out )
- Splash of Olive Oil

In a frying pan, drizzle a little olive oil and let heat up over med-high heat - approximately 1 minute. Add chopped garlic.

Throw in thai eggplants and let cook for approximately 6-8 minutes and add basil (only add it now if you are using dried, if adding fresh basil, add later).

Toss and allow to cook until fork tender - approximately another 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...