Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Strawberry Cheesecake Crescent Roll

Next up on my crescent roll adventure is the Strawberry Cheesecake Crescent Roll. I LOVE cheesecake, one of my fave desserts by FAR. But sometimes it can be a bit labour instensive - except for those no-bake cheesecakes which are equally awesome. But I thought I would be a little creative and use what I had on hand.


As you can see, crescent rolls do not need to be baked in the traditional crescent shape. I decided to switch things up with this dessert. But don't feel like you have to do it this way, the usual shape would serve just fine.
Now you will have to bare with me on this recipe because I most certainly did not use a recipe myself. The "cheesecake" part of this was a result of me throwing things together that I knew were in a traditional cheesecake.

Strawberry Cheesecake Crescent Roll
Time: 15 mins.             CPS: $0.47             L of D: Undergraduate

- 1 package of Crescent Rolls
- 10-15 Strawberries
- 1/2 pkg of light cream cheese
- 2 spoonfuls of light sourcream
- Zest and juice of half a Lemon
- 3 spoonfuls of Sugar
- Splash of Vanilla
- Handful of toasted walnuts

Preheat oven according to package. Spread out dough in one piece (see picture).

Slice strawberries and put in a bowl with a splash of water and 1 spoonful of sugar and let sit for a few minutes.

In the meantime mix together cream cheese, sourcream, lemon juice, vanilla and remaining sugar. If you let the cream cheese come to room temperature first, it will make it easier to work with. Once combined, spread out mixture in center of the dough, leave about 2 inches around the border.

Spoon strawberries over cream cheese mixture, reserving a little for garnish afterwards.

Fold up sides of dough around the mixture, leaving the center exposed. Bake in oven according to crescent roll package. Take out when dough is golden brown. Sprinkle with nuts, lemon zest and rest of strawberries.

Oh so fancy and soooo delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...